Topics: Empirical Industrial Organization, Inter-temporal Dynamics in Consumers’ Choices, Static and Dynamic Pricing, Targeted Pricing, Firm Competition, New Product Diffusion, Email Marketing, Emerging Markets
Methods: Static and Dynamic Structural Models, Choice Models, Count Models, Hazard Models, Diffusion Models, Hidden Markov Models, Copula Models, Applied Game Theory
Cosguner Koray, Tat Y. Chan, and Seethu Seetharaman, “Dynamic Pricing in a Distribution Channel in the Presence of Switching Costs.”
- Forthcoming at Management Science. Download Link
Cosguner Koray, Tat Y. Chan, and Seethu Seetharaman, “Behavioral Price Discrimination in the Presence of Switching Costs”
Zhang Xi (Alan), V. Kumar, and Koray Cosguner (Equal Authorship), “Dynamically Managing a Profitable Email Marketing Program.”
- Forthcoming at Journal of Marketing Research. Download Link
- Winner of the Best Paper Award, Digital Marketing Track at 2015 AMA Summer Marketing Educators' Conference Proceedings, Chicago, IL.
Revision Requested / Under Review Papers:
- Invited for the Second Round Review at Journal of Marketing Research.
Wu Chunhua, Koray Cosguner, “Profiting from the Decoy Effect: The Case of Online Diamond Pricing.”
Cosguner Koray, Tat Y. Chan, Seethu Seetharaman, and Taylor Bentley, “Dynamic Price Competition in Variety Seeking Markets.”
- Being prepared for submission to Management Science.
Cosguner Koray, Seethu Seetharaman and Chunhua Wu, “Dynamic Pricing for New Products: Utility-Based Generalization of the Bass Diffusion Model.”
- Being prepared for submission to Marketing Science / Management Science.
Cosguner Koray, Tat Y. Chan, and Seethu Seetharaman, “A Structural Econometric Model of Dynamic Manufacturer Pricing: A Case Study of the Cola Market.”
- Being prepared for submission to International Journal of Research in Marketing.
Work in Progress:
Cosguner Koray, Cheng He, and Seethu Seetharaman, “Dynamic Price Competition in the Presence of Reference Price Effects.”
- Analysis in progress.